The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Conducting an Election

Guest P. Russell

How do you conduct an Election. We have the slate of Officers. Do I present the slate and then Open up the floor for nominations. Do I present each office position three times and ask for additional nominees. I can't find my book and the meeting is at 9:00am.

How do you conduct an Election. We have the slate of Officers. Do I present the slate and then Open up the floor for nominations. Do I present each office position three times and ask for additional nominees. I can't find my book and the meeting is at 9:00am.

For each office announce the nominee by the nominating committee, then ask for further nominations. Repeat each name as nominations are presented.

From the book(paraphrased):

CHAIR: For president, Mr. A is nominated by the nominating committee. Are there any further nominations for president?

CHAIR: Mr. N is nominated. Are there any further nominations?

CHAIR: Are there any further nominations for president?... if not... nominations are closed.

Then, either 1)vote on that office, and move to nominations for the next office or 2)take nominations for each remaining office and vote on all at once.

Archived