The Official RONR Q & A Forums

A motion passed.is there a way to vote on it again at the next meeting.

Guest celia

We are a board of 12 members, 11 voting members. A motion was voted on and passed 5 for, 4 against, and 1 didn't vote. Only 10 were present to vote at this meeting. I was the one that didn't vote as I was a bit confused as to what exactly was the impact of a yes or no. I had not thought ahead that my not voting would cause the motion to pass. I am now aware of the problems with the motion and would like to know is there any way this motion can be revisited for a second vote at an upcoming meeting? This motion is to designate a 3% raise for our employes from a fund that I don't believe has the ability to sustain the funds over any long period of time.

If you have an answer from RRO would you please give me a page number if possible.

I ... would like to know is there any way this motion can be revisited for a second vote at an upcoming meeting?

This motion is to designate a 3% raise for our employes from a fund that I don't believe has the ability to sustain the funds over any long period of time.

See the motion, "Rescind; Amend Something Previously Adopted."

Either rescind (annul or repeal) whatever was adopted; or amend it so that the wording is mostly kept, but improved.

Archived