The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Amendments

Guest Lu

A typo has been discovered in an amendment already submitted to the board for consideration. Since I was not present at the meeting, I did not realize it was a typo until it was discussed during a call.

Since the committee members presenting the proposed amendment will not be present at the meeting, what would I need to do as the liaison presenting the item for the vote?

I know there are no friendly amendments. How do I point this situation out to the members of the board so that we move forward with the vote since this is not original amendment submitted to the board for their consideration? The typo references X numbers of days for submitting materials.... The typo is in the number of days required and nothing else.

Thank you.

Since the committee members presenting the proposed amendment will not be present at the meeting, what would I need to do as the liaison presenting the item for the vote?

I know there are no friendly amendments. How do I point this situation out to the members of the board so that we move forward with the vote since this is not original amendment submitted to the board for their consideration? The typo references X numbers of days for submitting materials.... The typo is in the number of days required and nothing else.

You, or a friend on the board if you are not a board member, should point out the typo during debate and request that it be corrected by unanimous consent. Since it is a typo, I doubt anyone will object.

The typo is in the number of days required and nothing else.

Since it is a typo, I doubt anyone will object.

Although one man's typo is another man's amendment.

If the required number of days was intended to be "10", and the proposed amendment reads "100", that might be a typo. Or not.

On the other hand, if it says "then" instead of "ten", I doubt anyone will object to a correction.

This should not be misconstrued as a suggestion to use both words and numerals (e.g. "ten (10)"). Words will suffice.

Archived