The Official RONR Q & A Forums

meetings

Guest Deborah Miller

My first questation is who can call an emergency meeting?

My second is how many if any chairs must be present to vote at this meeting?

1. Special meetings can only be called if the bylaws authorize them. And the bylaws should also specify how, and by whom, they can be called.

2. You should probably have enough chairs so that everyone has a place to sit. But, seriously, no rule in RONR requires the presence of any one particular officer. As long as a quorum (enough members) is present, you're good to go.

1. Special meetings can only be called if the bylaws authorize them. And the bylaws should also specify how, and by whom, they can be called.

2. You should probably have enough chairs so that everyone has a place to sit. But, seriously, no rule in RONR requires the presence of any one particular officer. As long as a quorum (enough members) is present, you're good to go.

Dear h.wm, Thank you so much for the info.I am president of a lake assocation. We have just started and still learning roberts. P.S Thanks for the smile! Deborah

Hi, My first questation is who can call an emergency meeting?

My second is how many if any chairs must be present to vote at this meeting?

See RONR(10th ed.), p. 89-90 for details on Special Meetings.

See RONR(10th ed.), p. 334 for info on a quorum.

The "chair" is the presiding officer at a meeting. There should only be one person acting in this capacity at any given time in any meeting. Perhaps you meant "members."

Archived