The Official RONR Q & A Forums

conflict of Interest

Guest Jayadev Mett

"The Corporation shall be operated exclusively for the purposes set in Article I (Conducting religious services), and none of its net earnings shall inure, in whole or in part, to the benefit of any person or organization having a personal or private interest in the activities of the corporation".

The above article is one of our articles in our Non for profit Orgnaization Constitution. Our members elect 4 trustees every year. This year a member filed his nomination for trusteeship whose wife is current employee of the organiztion. Bieng his wife an employee and he filed nomination to serve as trustee is it not count as conflict of interest?

I thank you in advance.

Jayadev Mett

"The Corporation shall be operated exclusively for the purposes set in Article I (Conducting religious services), and none of its net earnings shall inure, in whole or in part, to the benefit of any person or organization having a personal or private interest in the activities of the corporation".

The above article is one of our articles in our Non for profit Orgnaization Constitution.

Our members elect 4 trustees every year.

This year a member filed his nomination for trusteeship whose wife is current employee of the organiztion.

Bieng his wife an employee and he filed nomination to serve as trustee is it not count as conflict of interest?

I thank you in advance.

Jayadev Mett

Are you asking a question about your articles of incorporation?

Are you asking a question about Robert's Rules of Order?

There is no conflict of interest for a spouse to do ANYTHING with the other spouse, within Robert's Rules of Order. - Even to sit on a board, simultaneously.

Are you asking a question about your articles of incorporation?

Are you asking a question about Robert's Rules of Order?

There is no conflict of interest for a spouse to do ANYTHING with the other spouse, within Robert's Rules of Order. - Even to sit on a board, simultaneously.

Thanks for quick response. My question is about interpreting our organiation's constitution(especially conflict of interest article) In view of above article is there any conflict of interest in his nomination?

Thanks

Thanks for quick response. My question is about interpreting our organiation's constitution(especially conflict of interest article) In view of above article is there any conflict of interest in his nomination?

Thanks

I think it's safe to say your constitution will not be interpreted here, but you'll get answers as relate to RONR's applicability in your situation. And in such case, RONR would not recognize any conflict of interest based on the information given.

Archived