The Official RONR Q & A Forums

correction of minutes

Guest Iva Pochuski

When there are corrections to the minutes, should I, as the secretary, go back and make that correction to those previous minutes and print out the corrected minutes, or should I just mention there had been a correction in the present meetings minutes? Also, should I also say what the correction was?

When there are corrections to the minutes, should I, as the secretary, go back and make that correction to those previous minutes and print out the corrected minutes, or should I just mention there had been a correction in the present meetings minutes? Also, should I also say what the correction was?

If there are corrections BEFORE the minutes are approved, you should make those corrections in the actual text of the minutes. This is the normal case for making corrections.

If, later down the road, a correction is made to approved minutes, through the motion to Amend Something Previously Adopted, you should just enter the correction in the minutes of the meeting that made the correction. A marginal note can be made in the minutes that were corrected, indicating that a correction was made and when this happened.

Archived