The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Veterans Day

hmtcastle

An op-ed piece in yesterday's NY Times, "Jefferson's Army of Nation Builders", points out the fact that, for much of our country's history, West Point graduates were as well-known for their engineering skills as for their military accomplishments. It quotes the president of Brown University as saying, in 1850, that, "although there are more than 120 colleges in the United States, the West Point Academy has done more to build up the system of internal improvements in the United States than all the colleges combined.”

I don't think it's a stretch to say that one of those internal improvements was a small book written by a man who graduated fourth in the Class of 1857: Henry Martyn Robert.

An op-ed piece in yesterday's NY Times, "Jefferson's Army of Nation Builders", points out the fact that, for much of our country's history, West Point graduates were as well-known for their engineering skills as for their military accomplishments. It quotes the president of Brown University as saying, in 1850, that, "although there are more than 120 colleges in the United States, the West Point Academy has done more to build up the system of internal improvements in the United States than all the colleges combined.”

I don't think it's a stretch to say that one of those internal improvements was a small book written by a man who graduated fourth in the Class of 1857: Henry Martyn Robert.

Not a stretch at all. After all without the General and his works what would we have to talk about? :unsure: I suppose I would have to had wrote Chris H.'s Rules of Order which would only be one sentence long. It would say, "Whatever Chris H. says goes." :D

Of course, that particular parliamentary authority would only be adopted by The Chris H. Official Fan Club or an organization with me as the sole member. :(

Archived