The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Election ballots

Guest Ruth

No.

Names should be shown on the ballot in the same order that they would be put to a vote if the vote were by voice vote--i.e., in the order that they were nominated. The same is true with other types of suggestions when the vote is taken by ballot; the rules in RONR (10th ed.), pp. 157-160, are observed.

Names should be shown on the ballot in the same order that they would be put to a vote if the vote were by voice vote--i.e., in the order that they were nominated. The same is true with other types of suggestions when the vote is taken by ballot; the rules in RONR (10th ed.), pp. 157-160, are observed.

How about if they pass out blank slips of paper with no names on it? Proper or no?

There is nowhere in RONR which recommends or authorizes an Australian ballot.

Names need not be pre-printed.

Oh, I'm not claiming that names have to be preprinted on a ballot. The original poster seems to know already that the ballot will be preprinted. The question was in what order should the names of the nominees be listed.

Oh, I'm not claiming that names have to be preprinted on a ballot. The original poster seems to know already that the ballot will be preprinted. The question was in what order should the names of the nominees be listed.

So you figured that since RONR doesn't have a rule on the subject, you'll make one up on its behalf? :-)

Archived