The Official RONR Q & A Forums

elections

Guest drex

I am the secretary (former president) of our organization.

We held our annual election two weeks ago.

There are several complaints about the election.

Can we have a "re-election?

"Complaints"?

No.

Complaints about ...

• who won

• by how much

• with such a low character

• with such a dirty campaign

... are not sufficient reasons.

Or are you referring to a violation of the RULES?

Some rule violations do risk the integrity of the election, and may require that another round of voting be held.

Like:

• The winner never got a majority of the votes.

• Nonmembers of the organization voted.

Under those circumstances, the answer is, "It depends."

(You know, I complain every 4 years regarding U.S. elections. But the U.S. never re-does its election despite my complaints. So complaining, I can assure you, hasn't yet triggered a second round of voting, yet.) :unsure:

"Complaints"?

No.

Complaints about ...

• who won

• by how much

• with such a low character

• with such a dirty campaign

... are not sufficient reasons.

Or are you referring to a violation of the RULES?

Some rule violations do risk the integrity of the election, and may require that another round of voting be held.

Like:

• The winner never got a majority of the votes.

• Nonmembers of the organization voted.

Under those circumstances, the answer is, "It depends."

(You know, I complain every 4 years regarding U.S. elections. But the U.S. never re-does its election despite my complaints. So complaining, I can assure you, hasn't yet triggered a second round of voting, yet.) :unsure:

I think it would be helpful if you answered Mr. Mountcastle's question about the nature of the complaints. :)

i do not know the nature of the complaints yet. i was asked if it was possible to have a "re-vote". i will give everyone the update after our "emergency" board meeting on december 4th.

drex

i do not know the nature of the complaints yet. i was asked if it was possible to have a "re-vote". i will give everyone the update after our "emergency" board meeting on december 4th.

drex

Also note that if this was an election held by the general membership, only the general membership, at a meeting, can make any formal decision about challenges to the election. Not sure if that's your situation, but the board wouldn't normally have anything to say about a general membership election.

Also note that if this was an election held by the general membership, only the general membership, at a meeting, can make any formal decision about challenges to the election. Not sure if that's your situation, but the board wouldn't normally have anything to say about a general membership election.

I just found out (this is embarrassing) that it’s several officers that wants the re-vote. I still do not know the nature of the complaints.

drex

I just found out (this is embarrassing) that it’s several officers that wants the re-vote.

I still do not know the nature of the complaints.

Really? :huh:

The sitting officers are complaining about their own re-election?

It reminds me of an old quote about the race for New York City mayor.

REPORTER (to William F. Buckley, Jr.)

"Mr. Buckley, if you do win the election for mayor, what will be the first thing you do?"

WFB:

"Demand a recount."

:o

Really? :huh:

The sitting officers are complaining about their own re-election?

It reminds me of an old quote about the race for New York City mayor.

Sorry for not being specific. the officers are upset that the president they wanted didn’t win the election. i still do not know the nature of the complaint. once i find out the complaint, i will give an update. all of you have been very helpful.

thanks

drex

Archived