The Official RONR Q & A Forums

voting for location, does it include fee increase?

Guest guest - pj

Our group posted the to be voted locations in our newsletter with one location a raise in fee to pay for cost of location. We voted to go to the location that had the higher fee, which was written about in our newsletter. I am told that because we didn't make a motion to increase the fee even though that was included information in the newsletter we need to readdress the fee issue. Is this correct?

Our group posted the to be voted locations in our newsletter with one location a raise in fee to pay for cost of location.

We voted to go to the location that had the higher fee, which was written about in our newsletter.

I am told that because we didn't make a motion to increase the fee even though that was included information in the newsletter we need to readdress the fee issue.

Is this correct?

It would seem impossible.

I mean, if no one made any motion, then WHERE DID THE WORDING COME FROM? (The list of locations? The actual amount of a fee? Etc.)

I am told that because we didn't make a motion to increase the fee even though that was included information in the newsletter we need to readdress the fee issue. Is this correct?

Not necessarily. Is the "fee" you refer to the cost of the chosen location? Or is it an increase in the members' dues?

I think it can be assumed that the cost will be paid, whatever it is. If a group decides to go the Russian Tea Room instead of McDonald's, they don't have to also agree to pay more for dinner. By agreeing to to the location, you agree to the cost.

If, on the other hand, you're increasing the dues all members must pay, that's a separate issue.

Archived