The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Changing general mtg to executive session

Guest Jewel

Posting this for a friend who could use your advice:

The PTO we have at our school follows Roberts Rules. We have a meeting in 2 weeks that was publicized to the school, put on our events calendars and emailed out to members about. There are some major issues in the organization and members have expressed concerns. Now the president is stating it will be an executive board meeting only, not open to members.

Question is, since it was publicized, can it be changed to exclude everyone now and made an executive only meeting? The president is basically pushing off addressing the issues with members. The next general meeting is in April - basically when school is about over and we won't have the option to address anything in a productive with board by then.

What are our options?

I didn't realize there was a class system in place here regarding who could point out duplicate posts for the convenience for others. Even if there is some unwritten rule to that effect, it would seem that the author of the duplicate post should have the freedom to return to his/her own thread to post said announcement.

I didn't realize there was a class system in place here regarding who could point out duplicate posts for the convenience for others. Even if there is some unwritten rule to that effect, it would seem that the author of the duplicate post should have the freedom to return to his/her own thread to post said announcement.

By the by, I have no idea why my posts occasionally come through at "Guest_Guest" as opposed to "Guest_Jewel". In the case of this thread, it was me (Jewel) that posted the "Disregard - Duplicate Post" comment.

There is no "class system" in place that I am aware of. I suspect people were simply confused, and that confusion should be cleared up nicely now.

By the by, I have no idea why my posts occasionally come through at "Guest_Guest" as opposed to "Guest_Jewel".

It turns out that, if the "name" field is left blank, the name "Guest" is automatically inserted. Perhaps the administrators can make this a required field (which I assumed it was since it's not indicated as optional).

This may also explain why someone named "Guest" is a frequent responder on this forum.

Archived