The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Election

Guest Allen Johnson

I am a member of the CSCA union for clasified personal. At our last to meeting we nominated Officers.

I was under the impression that at our next meeting we would vote on the nominees but I receive the following memo from our new President.

Can they take office when unoposed without a vote?

Allen Johnson

CSEA CHAPTER 455 MEETING

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2010

DISTRICT OFFICE BOARD ROOM

5:15 p.m.

AGENDA ATTACHED

CHAPTER 455 OFFICER ELECTION information:

Due to the withdrawal of Nominees -------and -------, no elections will be held.

As a result, the following nominees have been duly elected to office effective January 1, 2011:

President - ---------

At our last to meeting we nominated Officers.

Can they take office when unopposed without a vote?

Yes. Or No.

AT A PROPER MEETING, it is allowable, under certain conditions, that the chair declare elected all those offices with exactly one nominee.

Whether your organization meets those "certain conditions" is a variable which you must determine.

See RONR (10th ed. 2000) for when a chair may declare elected a sole nominee for a single office.

CSEA CHAPTER 455 MEETING

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2010

DISTRICT OFFICE BOARD ROOM

5:15 p.m.

AGENDA ATTACHED

CHAPTER 455 OFFICER ELECTION information:

Due to the withdrawal of Nominees -------and -------, no elections will be held.

As a result, the following nominees have been duly elected to office effective January 1, 2011:

President - ---------

The memo may be a PREDICTION or may be a WISH.

The memo cannot legitimately say that anyone is elected -- yet.

You'll have to wait for the meeting to see if the memo's crystal ball prediction comes true.

Archived