The Official RONR Q & A Forums

minutes

Guest Rick Behanish

I could not attend the last board meeting in November. They occur every month. The minutes for previous board meetings are posted on a web site for me to read. However, the minutes for the meeting in November were not posted until after the December meeting. How can I voice my concern to the November minutes during public time if the minutes were already approved? And do the minutes have to be posted prior to the next meeting?

Thank you

rick <_<

How can I voice my concern to the November minutes during public time if the minutes were already approved? And do the minutes have to be posted prior to the next meeting?

Nothing in RONR requires the posting or distribution of minutes (either before or after they're approved), however, as a member of the board, you have the right to examine the (approved) minutes (at the secretary's convenience) and, if you discover an error, you can make a motion to amend them

How can I voice my concern to the November minutes during public time if the minutes were already approved?

"Public time" makes it sound like you're not a member of the board. This would mean you have no say in the content or approval of the minutes.

And do the minutes have to be posted prior to the next meeting?

No.

"Public time" makes it sound like you're not a member of the board.

Good point.

When Mr. Behanish said, "I could not attend the last board meeting in November", I jumped to the conclusion that he was a member. If he's not, he has no individual right to see the minutes of board meetings but the general membership could order them read at a general membership meeting.

Archived