The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Mail Ballots

robert conway

The very nature of written ballot does not allow for a "secret ballot" as it must be signed and dated by voting member.Secret ballot only comes into effect when voting is taking place at a membership meeting.

It is entirely possible to conduct a secret ballot by mail.

Are we in trouble?

As I believe we've already established, this largely comes down to interpreting the provisions of your Bylaws, which is up to your society. So I don't know.

OH YEAH!! None of what you said is in accordance with RONR. You all need to call 800-911-RONR stat!

Or maybe a letter to the membership to attend in person our next meeting. Including a copy of the boards response, which has a lot of miss-truths the following being the true statute that was tweaked.(in earlier post)

The Statute on meetings says "Except as otherwise provided for in the bylaws, meetings of the association and excutive board shall be conducted with the most recent edition of RONR".

Bylaws also default to RONR.

It is entirely possible to conduct a secret ballot by mail.

As I believe we've already established, this largely comes down to interpreting the provisions of your Bylaws, which is up to your society. So I don't know.

Josh My post was quoting a board response. I think Kims post kind of sums up my dilema. I have no clue how to go about changing except chalange bad conduct and flawed execution of law.

I agree.

However, we have hundreds of members spread all over the country.

So without buying them all a book RONRINB I am looking for some method get thier attention.

Archived