The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Discovered miscalculation on the agenda

Guest Emmie

An improper voucher amount was placed as a consent item on the meeting agenda.  The agenda was approved as written.  However, it wasn't until after the meeting that I discovered the total amount for vouchers approved was wrong.  Can I just include the correct amount in the meeting minutes, or do I need to amend the item and have it approved with the correct amount at my next board meeting?

14 minutes ago, Guest Emmie said:

An improper voucher amount was placed as a consent item on the meeting agenda.  The agenda was approved as written.  However, it wasn't until after the meeting that I discovered the total amount for vouchers approved was wrong.  Can I just include the correct amount in the meeting minutes, or do I need to amend the item and have it approved with the correct amount at my next board meeting?

The latter. The minutes are a record of what was done. The minutes correctly reflect the amount that was approved by the board and should not be changed. If the board approved the wrong amount, the appropriate tool is to use a motion to Amend Something Previously Adopted to change the amount. That motion will be recorded in the minutes of the meeting where that motion is adopted.

Edited by Josh Martin

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.