The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Recorded Vote

Guest mug935@aol.com

Guest mug935@aol.com

I am a member of a 5 member small board of an HOA. Normally our minutes only record whether or not a motion was adopted, either "unanimously" or X in favor and x opposed.

If I want my vote recorded in the minutes on an issue which may place the association at risk of liability, how can I ensure my vote is so recorded. Can I simply say "I request my vote be recorded" or is something else required. 

28 minutes ago, Guest mug935@aol.com said:

I am a member of a 5 member small board of an HOA. Normally our minutes only record whether or not a motion was adopted, either "unanimously" or X in favor and x opposed.

If I want my vote recorded in the minutes on an issue which may place the association at risk of liability, how can I ensure my vote is so recorded. Can I simply say "I request my vote be recorded" or is something else required. 

You may make such a request, but it is at the board's discretion whether to grant it (majority vote if there is disagreement). RONR has no specific rules regarding the recording of a single member's vote, but it is ultimately up to the assembly to determine the content of its minutes.

Alternately, you could move that a roll call vote be taken, in which case every member's vote would be recorded, including yours. Unless your rules provide otherwise, this requires a majority vote.

Edited by Josh Martin

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.