The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Recording of electronic meeting with executive session

PBix

My organization meets electronically via Google Meet.  We have been recording our electronic meetings and posting the recordings on our organization's internal website, where they can be viewed at any time, but only by members of our organization.  In the next upcoming meeting, for the first time since we began meeting electronically, there is likely to be an executive session.  RONR 11th, pp. 96-97, does not seem to forbid recording an executive session, but it does give some special rules about the availability of the record of an executive session.  So my questions are:

1.  Is it permitted to record the executive session?

2.  If so, would it be permitted to post the recording on our internal website, where it can be viewed at any time, but only by members of our organization?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.

1 hour ago, PBix said:

My organization meets electronically via Google Meet.

Do your bylaws authorize meeting in this manner?

1 hour ago, PBix said:

1.  Is it permitted to record the executive session?

2.  If so, would it be permitted to post the recording on our internal website, where it can be viewed at any time, but only by members of our organization?

No rule in RONR would either require or prohibit these actions. It is at the organization's discretion. So long as the recordings are available only to members of the organization, this does not violate the secrecy of the executive session.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.