The Official RONR Q & A Forums

a committee making a motion and then we vote

Guest Mr. J!

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

The fact that the committee may not have done a thorough job is pretty much beside the point. But their report, ending with a motion to hire the interim Acting Director (isn't "interim acting" a tad redundant?") is certainly debatable (alth"

Guest Melanie Mays

Our by-laws are very vague and do not stipulate one way or the other. We have a history of forming committees to make recommendations. But instead of the committee coming back to the full board of directors, the committee "decision" is treated a"

Guest Melanie Mays

That is also my opinion. I guess my question is: is it proper that the committee who meets separately from the full board, makes a motion and seconds it, and then the President emails the entire board and says, ok, vote yae or nay? There's no discussion b"

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

>>According to the email, I have to decide whether to vote yay or nay by tomorrow.<<

Well, of course you don't have to do anything but what you might do is contact the other board members and see if any see things the same way you do."

Guest Melanie Mays

Some have already voted. I think it's too late at this point as they rarely question anything. I believe that it is as you say, fait accompli. They "go along to get along" even when it's wrong. I'm the only one with professional theatrical and v"

Since the results probably will not be announced until the next meeting, you might email the other board members with your process and debate concerns. Ask them to change to a no vote if needed so the board can meet and follow the correct procedures inclu"

Archived