The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Reconsider or Amend/Rescind?

Guest helpmeimconfused

Guest helpmeimconfused

A motion was previously adopted at our last monthly meeting. The motioned passed. Since the motion passed new information has come up that could potentially change the vote. I'm trying to find the best way to not completely change the motion but the presented timeline of the motion. How can I for example: request either a reconsideration of the time line or amendment of the time line to be pushed back for a later start date, based on new information being brought to light after the vote. Also, keeping in mind that the motion was adopted at last month's meeting.

How can I for example: request either a reconsideration of the time line or amendment of the time line to be pushed back for a later start date, based on new information being brought to light after the vote.

Reconsideration (a technical term in RONR-speak) is no longer an option but it should be possible to amend the previously adopted motion. It takes either a two-thirds vote, the vote of a majority of the entire membership, or, with previous notice, a majority vote.

Guest helpmeimconfused

Reconsideration (a technical term in RONR-speak) is no longer an option but it should be possible to amend the previously adopted motion. It takes either a two-thirds vote, the vote of a majority of the entire membership, or, with previous notice, a majority vote.

The motion to amend something previously adopted: can that be done at the next monthly meeting? or is it to late?

Archived