The Official RONR Q & A Forums

librarian conflict of iterest

Guest Paula

Hi,

I'm President of a Library Board in Mnnesota. Our Friends of the Library just got established and our library Technician/Aide is set up on second signature on the Friends of the Libray checking account. We need to know if this is a conflict of interest and something written on this, because we don't want her to be on account. The President of the Friends won't take her off until we prove it. Can you help me. I've been searching for an hour on the web sites. Thanks Paula

Hi,

I'm President of a Library Board in Mnnesota. Our Friends of the Library just got established and our library Technician/Aide is set up on second signature on the Friends of the Libray checking account. We need to know if this is a conflict of interest and something written on this, because we don't want her to be on account. The President of the Friends won't take her off until we prove it. Can you help me. I've been searching for an hour on the web sites. Thanks Paula

In almost all cases, in my experience, one official does not "take someone off" an account or "put someone on" an account. It is usually a board, or entity that decides such matters. Look at the governing documents to see who/what has authority to authorize the signers on the checking account and follow what is authorized.

I'm President of a Library Board in Mnnesota.

Our Friends of the Library just got established and our library Technician/Aide is set up on second signature on the Friends of the Libray checking account.

We need to know if this is a conflict of interest and something written on this, because we don't want her to be on account.

The President of the Friends won't take her off until we prove it.

"Prove" what?

What is the conflict?

Between what and what?

Who put this person on the account, if not the organization?

How do you know this person is on the account?

Archived