The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Proper Motion

Guest Jerry

I wish to make a motion that we adopt a location for our meetings to be at one location and require a yes or no vote. Or would it be proper to make a motion and state that we should select choice A or Choice B for the location of the meeting and to mark only one.

I wish to make a motion that we adopt a location for our meetings to be at one location and require a yes or no vote. Or would it be proper to make a motion and state that we should select choice A or Choice B for the location of the meeting and to mark only one.

Either motion would be proper, although the first motion would leave you without a decision. You could suggest that you have a motion like "resolved that all the club meetings shall be held at [blank]. The assembly should then consider filling the blank. Nominations are made and they are voted on until one received a majority. That fills the blank. Then you vote on the amended motion, i.e. ""resolved that all the club meetings shall be held at [blankthe community center. Majority required to approve.

-Bob

Archived