The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Removal of President

Guest Susanna

Hello,

I have a question, stated in the by-laws if said person missed three meeting that can be voted off. Well, our President is about to miss his three in a row meeting and is show NO interest in the orgainzation. I wanted to know how do we go about getting a new preident. Does the VP become the President and if so how then do we fill his position? Does everyone on the excutive board just move up a position and a the board members at large become a excutive board memeber. Someone please help

Unless your bylaws specifically say otherwise for the office of president, upon vacancy in that office, the vice-president automatically becomes the president. You will have a vacancy in the office of VP that must be filled in accordance with your bylaws. (If your bylaws are silent on filling that vacancy, you must hold a special election fo rthe unexpired term.)

-Bob

Hello,

I have a question, stated in the by-laws if said person missed three meeting that can be voted off. Well, our President is about to miss his three in a row meeting and is show NO interest in the orgainzation. I wanted to know how do we go about getting a new preident. Does the VP become the President and if so how then do we fill his position? Does everyone on the excutive board just move up a position and a the board members at large become a excutive board memeber. Someone please help

And just to note, the only automatic ascension per RONR is from VP to President. All other officers and directors/trustees/etc remain in position.

Unless your bylaws specifically say otherwise for the office of president, upon vacancy in that office, the vice-president automatically becomes the president. You will have a vacancy in the office of VP that must be filled in accordance with your bylaws. (If your bylaws are silent on filling that vacancy, you must hold a special election fo rthe unexpired term.)

-Bob

Perhaps, depending on the requirements for being President, it may not be necessary that the bylaws specifically mention President. If, for example, the Preaisent is selected from the Board and that person is removed from the board, then I would maintain that removal from the board is automatic removal ss President.

Archived