The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Receipt of Treasurer's Report

Guest lorbry

Does a governing board need to make a motion to acknowledge receipt of the Treasurer's Report?

No. The auditor's report is accepted (requires a motion and affirmative vote) but the treasurer's report is placed on file. This would be handled by the chairman saying, "The report will be referred tot eh auditing committee." [page 461-2]

-Bob

A while back I read in RONR that a treasurer's report does not get a motion, second or vote to accept. You can have questions on the report but basically it is a report and if no questions stands as read. Is this correct and if so where can I find it in RONR?

A while back I read in RONR that a treasurer's report does not get a motion, second or vote to accept. You can have questions on the report but basically it is a report and if no questions stands as read. Is this correct and if so where can I find it in RONR?

Also, see RONR(10th ed.), p. 490, l. 10 - p. 491, l. 15.

Is this correct and if so where can I find it in RONR?

It is generally correct. Typically, the report of the treasurer is for information only and is simply filed (whether or not there are questions). It should not be accepted. The annual report of the treasurer is submitted for audit (either by an audit committee or by professionals, depending on the organization), and it is the report of the auditors which is submitted for approval.

Archived