The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Treasurer Audit

Guest atxb

I am the current President of our PTO and have not been able to audit the Treasurer books this year. I have some concerns and would like to attend the audit for the end of the year. The Treasurer however is also wanting to attend the audit. Can I push for me to attend the audit without her there is two other non-board members are conducting the audit with me?

I am the current President of our PTO

and have not been able to audit the Treasurer books this year.

I have some concerns and would like to attend the audit for the end of the year.

The Treasurer however is also wanting to attend the audit.

Can I push for me to attend the audit without her there is two other non-board members are conducting the audit with me?

"Push"?

Push whom?

Who is authorizing this audit?

Who has the authority to create the audit committee and to populate the audit committee? --- That party is the party whom you should "push".

Treasurers are not part of the audit committee, any more than the arrested criminal would sit on the jury of his own trial. -- The audit committee is skeptically investigating the financial records. The treasurer cannot objectively, skepically, inspect his own check register and his own ledger books, and seek out his own errors (or his own embezzlement).

So the treasurer has no business being there, if you wish to do a sincere, real audit.

Archived