The Official RONR Q & A Forums

anyone know "PTO/PTA" regualtions?

hkline

Sorry for another questions:

I am unable to locate anything in RONR about campaigning ~ let alone within google ~ I don't want to have to search through the laws of our state but might have to go there ~

Does anyone here have experience or had to deal with this questions?

The Question at hand is: It has come to the current boards attention via a few teachers/administrators that 1 of the slates (we have a 2 slate ballot plus write in's and nominees from floor) but 1 of the presented slates has written a notice and placed it within our teachers mailboxes without permission and unbenounced (sp?) to secretaries or administrators - as it was done by one of the candidates who happen to also be placing flyers about an upcoming event into the boxes ~ is this considered campaigning within/on school grounds? and is this considered to be grounds to question said nominees at the election prior to the voting to take place?

I am aware of many things within RONR however our board has NEVER dealt with such a group of parents/unprofessionalism and cattyness ~ and we are just wanting to make sure that all is done in a fair matter yet also clarrify if possible if this is a legal way of campaigning within a school building

Thank you!!!

we are just wanting to make sure that all is done in a fair matter yet also clarrify if possible if this is a legal way of campaigning within a school building

I'm afraid this is not the proper forum for discussing those worthy issues. Questions of legality should be addressed to an attorney and nearby PTOs/PTAs can be consulted for what is considered "normal" practice.

I'm afraid this is not the proper forum for discussing those worthy issues. Questions of legality should be addressed to an attorney and nearby PTOs/PTAs can be consulted for what is considered "normal" practice.

I had a funny feeling ~ thank you ☺ guess I'll wait and see if we hear back from PTOtoday ☺

I am unable to locate anything in RONR about campaigning

This is unsurprising, as there's nothing in there about it.

Does anyone here have experience or had to deal with this questions?

Questions which are beyond the scope of RONR are beyond the scope of this forum.

is this considered campaigning within/on school grounds?

RONR has no answer to this question.

and is this considered to be grounds to question said nominees at the election prior to the voting to take place?

You're free to ask the nominees questions, but their actions violate no rules in RONR, if that's what you're asking.

I am aware of many things within RONR however our board has NEVER dealt with such a group of parents/unprofessionalism and cattyness ~ and we are just wanting to make sure that all is done in a fair matter yet also clarrify if possible if this is a legal way of campaigning within a school building

Legal questions should be addressed to a lawyer.

Archived