The Official RONR Q & A Forums

portion of past meeting left out of minutes

Guest kat fitzgerald

Guest kat fitzgerald

I have just received minutes from our last months meeting. A 20-30 minute discussion was left out of the minutes. I have spoken to the secretary; the executive board wanted this left out because it was "negative". I would like to make an amendment to the minutes to have the discussion included. Is this the way I would go about this?

I have just received minutes from our last months meeting. A 20-30 minute discussion was left out of the minutes. I have spoken to the secretary; the executive board wanted this left out because it was "negative". I would like to make an amendment to the minutes to have the discussion included. Is this the way I would go about this?

Discussion shouldn't be in the minutes in the first place whether negative, positive, or neutral (RONR p. 451).

I have just received minutes from our last months meeting.

A 20-30 minute discussion was left out of the minutes.

I have spoken to the secretary; the executive board wanted this left out because it was "negative".

I would like to make an amendment to the minutes to have the discussion included.

Is this the way I would go about this?

To include debate?

Q. You want advice regarding how to violate the recommended practice of Robert's Rules of Order?

Is this the way I would go about this?

You should ask that the minutes be corrected to remove all discussion. The minutes are the official record of what was done at a meeting (e.g. motions made), not what was said (e.g. discussion and debate). They are not intended to be a substitute for actually attending the meeting.

Guest kat fitzgerald

To include debate?

Q. You want advice regarding how to violate the recommended practice of Robert's Rules of Order?

I don't want a verbatim recording, just a line stating the discussion occurred and the result. Thank you

Archived