The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Principal Approval

Guest JS

Approval from whom?

Why are you even bothering having a SINGLE PERSON do a presentation of a new board?

Why the principal?

Where is the chair in all this?

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems that the poster is asking if the association needs approval from the Principal. It's unclear who is doing the presenting.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems that the poster is asking if the association needs approval from the Principal. It's unclear who is doing the presenting.

I guess a better question to start with would be... Can the Principal disagree with the nominating committees choice? Does he or she (Principal) have the right to replace a committee member after they have been presented at a general meeting?

Can the Principal disagree with the nominating committees choice? Does he or she (Principal) have the right to replace a committee member after they have been presented at a general meeting?

Your principal has only the authority your rules (or any applicable laws) give her (or him; you're not sure?). RONR has nothing to say about principals.

Can the Principal disagree with the nominating committees choice?

Sure. It's a free country.

Does he or she (Principal) have the right to replace a committee member after they have been presented at a general meeting?

No, not unless the Bylaws or a higher-level rule grants the Principal that authority.

Archived