The Official RONR Q & A Forums

One indivual accepted nomination

Guest K.Saylors

I have been nominated to the office of vice-president of my private org. The unfortuante issue is that out of 5 nominations for the office of president only one person accepted the nomination. Can you conduct an election with one person accepting nomination. (no that one person is not qualified) I am trying to conduct a new nomination for that office. Whatca think?

I have been nominated to the office of vice-president of my private org.

Congratulations.

The unfortuante issue is that out of 5 nominations for the office of president only one person accepted the nomination. Can you conduct an election with one person accepting nomination.

Of course. In fact, if the bylaws do not require a ballot vote, the chair can skip the voting process and declare the sole nominee elected by acclamation.

(no that one person is not qualified)

Well, that changes everything. If you mean not qualified to be nominated, you have no nominees. If you mean not qualified to be elected, you had better talk someone else into stepping up.

I am trying to conduct a new nomination for that office. Whatca think?

I think nominations will probably be reopened before the election, and, if not, you can make a motion to do just that.

Archived