The Official RONR Q & A Forums

agenda

Guest unhappy

During a meeting a important topic came up, charges against a board member. a discussion started questions, answers bla bla bla. a decision was made by the pres to ask the member to resign and he did, no vote. next meeting the pres said, what we did was wrong we did not give him (president) a 7 day notice for the agenda and it was illegal, a friend lawyer on the board (said we might be liable to a lawsuit) the person who resigned is a friend of the pres any know we have to have a trial!

Under the heading annual regular and special meeting it states, a notice and agenda for all meetings shall be sent to each board member at least seven days in advanced of the meeting. does this have any bearing on the his verdict?

I can not seem to get members to understand that the bylaws can not be suspended at the will of the president. one meeting he uses them and the next he says we don't need them and no such article or amendment is in place in either for him to do this, they don't seem to get that the bylaws are what we use to run are non-profit I have tried reading Roberts rules to them in private but they the president knows more than i do and these people i read to are not his friends. any help or advice with ways i can back up Roberts rule or bylaws so that they will believe, Please I have only 25 days to a mean king Kong minion will be back on the board!

Well, is it true that the member who resigned did not get required notice?

Be aware that, to be effective, a resignation has to be accepted by the body authorized to accept it. If it wasn't accepted, the resignation isn't effective anyway.

But "King Kong" behavior need not be tolerated by the assembly. Please read RONR, Chapter 20, carefully.

(Are you certain that the president knows more than you? Pick up a copy of RONR - In Brief, and read it at once!)

[Can this be moved to General Discussion? It doesn't seem to be an Advanced Discussion topic.]

Archived