The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Disbanding an organization

Guest Lynn Van De Bogart

Guest Lynn Van De Bogart

I currently am president of a small group of women from our church. We call ourselves The Sow and Reap Garden Club. My question is as follows: This club or organization has been around for 51 years. Currently we are losing members because of age (over 3/4 of the club is 80+ years old), illness and even death. How do I propose that the club be disbanded or closed?

I currently am president of a small group of women from our church. We call ourselves The Sow and Reap Garden Club. My question is as follows: This club or organization has been around for 51 years. Currently we are losing members because of age (over 3/4 of the club is 80+ years old), illness and even death. How do I propose that the club be disbanded or closed?

Look at pages 563-64 in RONR (11th ed.).

As president, you may want to include a recommendation in your president's report, which could include language similar to that found on the second page cited by Mr. Honemann.

Archived