The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Missing board minutes

Guest Guest

The outgoing board secretary never wrote up the minutes of the final board meeting of the year. Some of the board - but not the board secretary - is the same as last year. Can the new board secretary write them up using the tape of the meeting and the new board approve them?

see RONR p471 ll 25-29

Yes, a recording can be used to prepare minutes. In the absence of minutes, steps should be taken to (re)construct them as best as possible. So the fact you have some folks who may have been there is helpful. But even one who was not at the meeting for which minutes are prepared can approve them (see p 355 line 8)

The outgoing board secretary never wrote up the minutes of the final board meeting of the year. Some of the board - but not the board secretary - is the same as last year. Can the new board secretary write them up using the tape of the meeting and the new board approve them?

Yes, while the secretary has the duty of keeping the minutes, he does not have the authority to prevent them from being adopted, even by way of not providing a draft.

That's the air traffic controller in me, adding a little extra space for comfort. At my stage in my career, I have a saying: "add a mile and smile..."

And if that excuse doesn't cut it, I'll blame it on not using my cheater glasses when I looked it up. ^_^

I know two air-traffic controllers, and they're both parliamentarians.

Know I know why I avoid air travel. :)

Archived