Jump to content
The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Correcting error in pending amendment

Guest Bill Daugaard

Recommended Posts

By correcting the error you're amending the motion. And, as it takes just a majority vote to amend a pending motion, and a two-thirds vote to suspend the rules, I'm not sure why you'd want to pursue the more difficult path.

But just how is it that this motion is "pending"?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it possible to correct an error (incorrect address) in a pending policy amendment without a new motion to amend?

If it's a minor technical error (which seems to be the case), the chair could simply ask for unanimous consent to make the change. If there's an objection you'll need to follow the formal amendment process.

Can it be done by suspension of the rules?

Yes, but I'm not sure why you would.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...