The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Guest Kathy Dupree

a very stubborn board member claims I forgot to put a motion in the minutes. As recording Sec. I am 100% sure this motion was never made, never seconded never voted on. No mention in my meeting notes of any of this because it never took place.

The president is also sure that the motion was never made. The minutes were approved by the rest of the board at the next board meeting in which this board member did not attend.

She is prepared to start WWIII to get this motion in the minutes. I relented and added the motion to the minutes but she is not satisfied, she wants comments from the board added. The president and I are at are wits end. Help

2 hours ago, Guest Kathy Dupree said:

The president is also sure that the motion was never made. The minutes were approved by the rest of the board at the next board meeting in which this board member did not attend.

She is prepared to start WWIII to get this motion in the minutes. I relented and added the motion to the minutes but she is not satisfied, she wants comments from the board added. The president and I are at are wits end. Help

You cannot, on your own, make changes to adopted minutes.  The assembly can amend the minutes by a 2/3 vote, or a vote of the majority of the entire membership, or a majority vote with notice.  She should move to amend the adopted minutes, after giving notice, and let the assembly decide.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.