The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Wrong Exhibit in Minutes

Guest Guest Michele

Someone handed out an exhibit the day of the meeting.  I wasn't informed of this new exhibit.  I put the old exhibit into the board minutes.  The minutes have been accepted.  There was no issue with the actual motion that pertained to exhibit.   Now, I needed to replace the exhibit.  Do these minutes need to go back for board approval again?

Thank you,

Michele

50 minutes ago, Guest Guest Michele said:

Someone handed out an exhibit the day of the meeting.  I wasn't informed of this new exhibit.  I put the old exhibit into the board minutes.  The minutes have been accepted.  There was no issue with the actual motion that pertained to exhibit.   Now, I needed to replace the exhibit.  Do these minutes need to go back for board approval again?

Yes. See the second paragraph of FAQ #16.

46 minutes ago, Guest Who's Coming to Dinner said:

Exhibits don't belong in the minutes unless the board orders them in. Under Robert's Rules, minutes are primarily a record of what was done at the meeting, not what was said or shown.

I agree completely. Nonetheless, it appears that an exhibit was placed in the minutes, and those minutes were approved. Changing the exhibit in the minutes (or removing it from the minutes) will require the approval of the board.

Edited by Josh Martin

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.