The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Job description over Bylaws

CB2

So I have a question. Some of the job descriptions will state some like you need to have a committee that consists of: Example below

6 people 1. The chair person, a vice chair, a member at large  and 3 members in good standing that are advisers (from a parent organisation). However, this is not listed in the bylaws at all that we need to have these 3 members.

So our questions is do the bylaws over rule the job description on this or no?

Thank you in advance 

49 minutes ago, CB2 said:

So I have a question. Some of the job descriptions will state some like you need to have a committee that consists of: Example below

6 people 1. The chair person, a vice chair, a member at large  and 3 members in good standing that are advisers (from a parent organisation). However, this is not listed in the bylaws at all that we need to have these 3 members.

So our questions is do the bylaws over rule the job description on this or no?

Yes. The bylaws take precedence over other rules of the society.

I am not certain, however, that there is a conflict. If the bylaws are simply silent on the composition of this committee, then I don't see anything preventing the organization from defining its composition in lower-level rules. On the other hand, if the bylaws define the composition of the committee, I agree that takes precedence over anything in the organization's other rules which may be in conflict.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.