The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Donations made by board member

Guest Kaylee

Hey all! I need some help and advice please! I’m new to our youth sports organization board this year. I’m not really good with Roberts rules but I do try! Our organization has been completely run down over the years. We had broken toilets, a leaky roof, an ac that was catching fire, a dirty concession stand that doesn’t even have the proper equipment, and so much more. My family is at the park every week multiple times a week mowing, painting, fixing broken pipes, cleaning up the grounds, etc getting ready for our fall season! We’ve spent more money on repairs and updates than the organization even has. I haven’t asked any other member for a dime or the organization. We’ve been donating out of the goodness of our hearts and working so hard. The town sees the improvements, and they are excited! HOWEVER! This has turned the entire board against me, and they say they need to “vote on my donations.” I’ve never in my life heard of “voting on donations.” Please help me to turn this in the right direction. If I’m in the wrong, I need advice in how to turn things around if that makes sense. Basically my feelings have been hurt, I feel like they bit the hand that’s feeding them, and no one is grateful or appreciative of what we have done and donated. No one really ever even offers to help us even though we’ve asked them to help us multiple times. I regret ever getting on the board and doing my best to turn the program around. Any advice or rules I need to check out? I haven’t been able to find anything on the topic. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.