The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Unmeetable voting quarum - discussion

Jeff N

I’m part of an organization who seems to ignore many of its own bylaws, one of which concerns voting quarum. Based on the bylaws, we have zero member qualified to vote (20 or so members overall). Excluding one criteria point, 7 become qualified.

Given how long it’s been like this, I know nothing is likely to change, just curious to discuss this.

7 minutes ago, Jeff N said:

I’m part of an organization who seems to ignore many of its own bylaws, one of which concerns voting quarum. Based on the bylaws, we have zero member qualified to vote (20 or so members overall). Excluding one criteria point, 7 become qualified.

Given how long it’s been like this, I know nothing is likely to change, just curious to discuss this.

You will need to quote exactly what your bylaws say relating to this question.

Section 4. Voting Rights. Only members in good standing and meeting the minimum requirements of the active duty program have the right to vote and are entitled to one vote on each matter submitted to a vote. Only members present at a meeting are eligible to vote.

Active Duty

1. A member will be in compliance and considered active if they are routinely serving as follows:

A. Serve on a regular duty night

B. Attend or be excused from all squad meetings, drills and properly noticed special functions of the squad.

C. Exhibit a positive interest and spirit of cooperation in squad functions and

D. Payment of dues as of January 1, 2009. (except life)

Parts A and D of the active duty are the contested points, no member pays dues, and only 7 people serve a regular duty night.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.