The Official RONR Q & A Forums

resolution "out of order"

Guest Everett J. Roberts

Guest Everett J. Roberts

i recently submitted a resolution to annual convention of the KofC at the state level. the resolution that was forwarded concerned the action of a resolution committee and its actions which had been approved deleted two years prior. the resolution to restore the original wording i submitted in 2020 which resulted in no action being taken by the committee. my resolution reinstated this action of the 4 replies a committee may take.

the resolution i submitted i submitted in 2021 resulted in the current committee rejecting the resolution with a "out of order" statement which is minutely touched upon in one of the opening paragraphs of Robert Rules. this action followed the prior year with a statement by the state officers of "no action" and to resubmit with new writing basically.

what is out of order statement and how does it qualify as a reason for rejection.

44 minutes ago, Guest Everett J. Roberts said:

i recently submitted a resolution to annual convention of the KofC at the state level. the resolution that was forwarded concerned the action of a resolution committee and its actions which had been approved deleted two years prior. the resolution to restore the original wording i submitted in 2020 which resulted in no action being taken by the committee. my resolution reinstated this action of the 4 replies a committee may take.

the resolution i submitted i submitted in 2021 resulted in the current committee rejecting the resolution with a "out of order" statement which is minutely touched upon in one of the opening paragraphs of Robert Rules. this action followed the prior year with a statement by the state officers of "no action" and to resubmit with new writing basically.

what is out of order statement and how does it qualify as a reason for rejection.

The phrase "out of order" means that it conflicts with some rule in RONR or the organization's other rules. If the resolution was, in fact, out of order, then the resolution certainly should not be considered.

Since no facts have been provided regarding the resolution itself or the reason(s) why it was ruled out of order, I haven't the slightest idea whether this ruling was correct.

Edited by Josh Martin

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.