The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Ways & Means

Guest Brian

Hello All, 

I am new to this forum so if this question is not appropriate for this please let me know.  I have been appointed as a member of a Ways & Means Committee for a religious organization.  There is very little stated purpose for this committee.  Wondering if anyone could provide suggestions or input on what role a Ways & Means Committee should serve an organization?

8 minutes ago, Guest Brian said:

Hello All, 

I am new to this forum so if this question is not appropriate for this please let me know.  I have been appointed as a member of a Ways & Means Committee for a religious organization.  There is very little stated purpose for this committee.  Wondering if anyone could provide suggestions or input on what role a Ways & Means Committee should serve an organization?

From https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ways_and_means_committee :

A ways and means committee is a government body that is charged with reviewing and making recommendations for government budgets. Because the raising of revenue is vital to carrying out governmental operations, such a committee is tasked with finding the ways and means with which to raise that revenue.

While you need to see this as just a guide you can see it as the committee that recomends on what to do and how to pay for it. 

But also ask other committee members and look what the organization has written about in in bylaws, minutes, motions and so on. It could mean something completely different in your case. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.