The Official RONR Q & A Forums

How do you vote for Executive if you don't know if they've been effective in the past?

debbokay

We are a Cdn. Housing Co-op Board of 7 and we will be voting for 3 new directors.

The new Board will be meeting the very next day to vote for Executive positions.

How can the newly elected directors make an informed voting decision without knowing the past or having any access to the last year's minutes?

There are no bylaws or policies covering this.

1 hour ago, debbokay said:
We are a Cdn. Housing Co-op Board of 7 and we will be voting for 3 new directors.

The new Board will be meeting the very next day to vote for Executive positions.

How can the newly elected directors make an informed voting decision without knowing the past or having any access to the last year's minutes?

There are no bylaws or policies covering this.

There's no reason why newly elected directors would not have access to prior years' minutes, but admittedly not much can be learned in one day.

10 hours ago, debbokay said:

I'm curious about how access to last year's minutes would inform a voter in regard to an election. Reviewing the sample minutes in RONR hasn't given me any clue whom I would choose for president of the L.M. Society (Mrs. Smith or Mr. Gordon, I suppose).

I also have an unsubstantiated fear that the original poster's organization's board selects the executive officers from its own board members, in which case the question seems to have completely overlooked the newly elected directors as contenders in the election. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.