The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Removal of an Officer/Board Member

Celtic Silent Warrior

On 3/19/2024 at 3:38 PM, Celtic Silent Warrior said:

When a member make a motion to remove an officer/Board member at the general meeting, the assembly passed with 2/3 vote yes.  However this officer/board member refuse to accept or leave.  What is the right procedure to do next if that happens?  Let me know.

Could you provide more details concerning the situation? Are you saying that the assembly voted to remove this person from the particular meeting, or that they voted to remove them from office?

If the assembly voted to remove this person from the particular meeting, could you clarify... why? Was this due to some misconduct arising during the meeting?

If the assembly voted to remove this person from office, could you clarify what the bylaws say in regard to removal of officers, if anything?

Finally, could you clarify whether the officer/board member is also a member of the organization? If so, was any action taken to remove the person from membership in the organization? If so, what do your bylaws say in regard to expulsion of members from the organization, if anything?

I want to make sure we're first clear on what exactly is going on and whether the assembly acted properly in this matter. Once we've established that, then I think we can talk about next steps.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.