The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Reconsideration

Guest Rob Elsman

Now that all the smart remarks were provided. Yes, I am studying for the exam and one of the questions has both answers in a multiple answer scenario. I believe both are correct, as the RONR indicates, and yes, I do know where to find the answer. My Qu"

Thanks

The entire question is this:

If a motion was adopted by:

A. unanimous consent, any member qualifies to move to reconsider it.

B. ballot, a member who voted with the prevailing side must be willing to waive the secrecy of his vballo"

Guest Shmuel Gerber

For reasons that John M. has already explained, the best answer is B.

A is not quite correct, because when a motion has been adopted by unanimous consent: (quoting John M.) "any member who was present when the motion was adopted may move to recon"

Thanks for the answer. I think I now understand the way the question was given. Assuming that the reconsideration must be dealt with at the same meeting, than presumably all members are the same members as those who voted by ballot. I would suspect tha"

Guest Shmuel Gerber

You may understand it (although it would not appear so), but I certainly do not understand your understanding of it. :-)

Choice B completes the sentence in a correct manner. The other choices do not. I don't see anything particularly erroneous or"

Well I thought I understood it. Lets say that the motion was adopted by unanimous consent, assuming that everyone was at the meeting. Lets assume that one member was not at the meeting, yet all those that were voted in favor of the motion. Lets say tha"

Guest Shmuel Gerber

No.

Your scenario is self-contradicting.

There is no reason to assume that everyone was at the meeting. In fact, if one member was not at the meeting, then obviously NOT everyone was at the meeting. Furthermore, if the motion was adopted by unanim"

Archived