The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Approval of Minutes by default

Guest Rob Elsman

Guest Shawna Ventura

To Make it look like the Secretary is not doing her job. When in fact they are stonewalling. And some of them voted on record to not do a required audit which the general membership wants. In addition for all this "Elections" very soon. So What "

Immediately after the next meeting is called to order, when the secretary discovers that the president does not call for the minutes of the last meeting(s) to be read, the secretary can Call for the Orders of the Day, RONR (10th ed.), §18, pp. 211ff,"

Thank you she has done this several times. The Council always another date. Was I incorrect to tell her to call for a special Order at this last meeting> when they did it again. Forcing the Chairman approve or let stand all the past minutes she has tri"

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

>>all the past minutes she has tried to get approved<<

It's not the secretary's responsibility to ensure that the minutes are approved. Her responsibility is simply to submit them for approval. After that they're out of her hands."

Guest Shawna Ventura

Thank you very much I read the same two passages and the one on special orders and time frame in which it needs to happen. You have come to the same conclusions on which Rules apply. I have sent this to our Secretary and she is quite happy."

Archived