The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Board Nominations

Guest JDStackpole

Your (informed) guess is correct. They are indeed making things up out of whole cloth - don't pay those dues, use your money to buy a copy of RONR and read Section 54 which will tell you (and your friends) how to properly form an organization based on dem"

#1 - Never had documents,

#2 - board size is 6 (President, 2 co-VP, 2 Co-Secty and 1 Treasurer) again this is a parent-funded

#3 - member is association member-everyone could have voted regardless of the ## of meetings.

General Meetings were "

I'll agree that the existence of a board is predicated on a set of bylaws' establishing it.

But this stuff about bylaws establishing existence of a group goes too far. There's a standardized statement of this, and if I find it soon, then so ther"

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

No one is saying that "groups" can't exist and function without bylaws. The argument is stronger, I think, when speaking of "organizations" or "associations" but the argument may still be semantic.

It's even possible"

Guest Kim Goldsworthy

Nancy,

>>But this stuff about bylaws establishing existence of a group goes too far. There's a standardized statement of this, and if I find it soon, then so there! <<

A citation from RONR might do the trick.

See Section "

I am a memeber---have been for the past 2 years BUT NOW they want a "dues" which was not told to the members at our March General Meeting; but after the meeting via email.

Members are somewhat confuse; since this wasn't mentioned in any"

Mary, the tail is wagging the dog. The membership _*is*_ the organization. The board -- if it exists, which some of us, here on the Internet, seriously doubt -- is a construct of the membership. The membership owns the board. The board should be obedi"

Archived