The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Minutes approval

Guest Rob Elsman

The approval of the minutes is not put to a vote. After all proposed corrections have been handled, the presiding officer declares them approved as read, or as corrected, as the case may be. This is a special case of agreement by unanimous consent. See RO"

Further informtion for you:

Four out of five people attended the January meeting. Only two of these people attended the February meeting. The minutes were amended and approved. The two people absent from the January meeting disagee with the am"

Can minutes just be read?

The association have monthly mtgs and mintues are just read; without giving it any thought--which the president quickly reads or skip. In face there really wasn't any minutes offically--so I guess I'm answering my own q"

Our meetings are general meetings with we discuss everything except WHATS important--ie fundraising and bylaws, again if you confront the board you're black listed..." Meetings selective--the board will email to whomever they like..and called by the"

1) The chair instructs the secretary to read the minutes; and,

2) After the minutes have been read, the chair asks if there are any corrections; and,

3) Any member can propose a correction, which is usually handled by unanimous consent; otherwise,"

Archived