The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Impeachment vs. removal from office

Guest Chris H

You will need to look to your bylaws for the correct term they use for removal from office. RONR doesn't use the term impeachment but somehow I suspect whoever told you that was making a parallel between your removal proceedings and Article II Section 4 "

Since Mark said, "we followed proper procedure for removal," it's also possibly that the president was really removed from office, regardless of the fct that the wrong word was used.

As Mr. Mountcastle might have implied, if everyone th"

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

So if everyone thought they voted to paint the clubhouse red, and followed the proper procedures to paint the clubhouse red, the fact that they adopted a motion to prohibit smoking in the gazebo doesn't mean the clubhouse shouldn't be painted red?"

If that's the way their dialect works, then in fact what sounds to us like a motion involving smoking and the gazebo, but to them has nothing to do with smoking or the gazebo but plainly means paint the clubhouss red, then painters will show up with red p"

Guest Kim Goldsworthy

>>... we followed proper procedure for removal ...<<

---

Mark's organization is following their own customized process.

Mark's org is not obeying Robert's Rules of Order, but obeying rules of another source.

And Mark "

J. J., I already said this attempt at reductio ad absurdum does not work.

If the asssembly orders that he "be shot dead," believing that what they ordered is that he be stroked gently three times with an ostrich feather, do you think he"

They put themselves in the position that they are in now. :o

Although it seems clear to me what their intent was, by them using incorrect verbage in the "removal" motion they raised doubt in some as to whether he was validly removed f"

Archived