The Official RONR Q & A Forums

error in minutes

Guest Chris H

There is no way to do that under RONR. I would have normally suggested that you talk to the secretary and plead your case for him removing it from the draft. But since you said the Secretary was offended with the very notion of a mistake being made you "

>>I feel the topic is not in the best interest of the organization and would like to find a way to discretely require it's removal from the minutes before they are presented for approval at our next meeting.<<

It appears as if this wo"

Unfortunately I am not going to be able to attend the next meeting to offer the correction.

Does RONR require names of the members making the motion and second be included in the minutes? If that is the case I may be able to persuade the Presiden"

Anyone can propose the correction, if LL will be absent. Presumably, LL is not the only one who knows that the minutes need to be corrected, since, as LL says, the motion was not made, and it was not passed.

I don't understand what the follow-up"

> Does RONR require names of the members making the motion and second be included in the minutes? <

Yes, for the name of the mover (at least, in the case of 'important motions' (p. 452)); no, for the name of the member seconding the motion."

>>If he can produce the name of the mover I can accept that the motion was made or otherwise it will have to be corrected.<<

If, as you say in your original post, "There was no motion or discussion on this topic, however it appea"

Archived