The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Improperly Conducted Election

Guest Robert B. Fish

Guest Robert B. Fish

The best course of action would be to have a professional parliamentarian look at the appropriate documents and advise you.

The principle here is that, if you can clearly establish that the number of illegal votes was sufficient to affect the out"

Interesting -- Mr. Fish says throw out the results if it is clearly established that the number of illegal votes was sufficient to affect the outcome; Mr. Honemann says throw out the election if you can't clearly establish that the number of illegal votes"

> Mr. Fish says that if the illegal votes may have affected the outcome... <

But he didn't say 'if the illegal votes MAY have affected the outcome' -- it was 'if you can CLEARLY ESTABLISH that the number of illegal votes was sufficient to a"

Strictly parliamentary question here: RONR p. 343, l. 33 - pg. 344, l. 3 states “Points of order regarding the conduct of a vote may be raised immediately following the announcement of the voting result-up until another member has been recognized an"

And in case, Jo, you are flummoxed by the ever terse Dan, exception 244-a refers to the _adoption_ of a motion that is contrary to the bylaws, not the process by which such adoption takes place. Use of proxies, even though improper, would not generate a "

He is a man of few words, isn't he? Perhaps you can clarify his answer to my secondary question to him concerning exception a which was is it not applicable because is is in the nature of a rule of order ... is that not what you meant by the 'process'?"

>>Perhaps you can clarify his answer to my secondary question to him concerning exception a which was is it not applicable because is is in the nature of a rule of order ... is that not what you meant by the 'process'?<<

The fact that"

John, I don't know what Jo is getting at, but I'm reminded of threads in the past in which it has been asserted that, since rules in the bylaws which are clearly identifiable as being in the nature of rules of order can be suspended by a two-thirds vote ("

>>it has been asserted that... if an organization puts a rule of order which embodies a fundamental principle of parliamentary law into its bylaws, that rule thus becomes a suspendible rule.

I trust you won't agree. :-)<<

I d"

Archived