The Official RONR Q & A Forums

ammendments

Guest Larry Cisar

The board only has the authority specifically given to it by the bylaws (covenants or whatever you call them). The general membership meeting is the final interpreter of what the bylaws mean unless the bylaws give that power to somebody else."

Guest Gary c Tesser

Craig, what I think Mr Elsman was asking about is, what document are these rules written in? What level of rule are they on? (Are the rles for the fence colors, materials, and type of mailbox in your bylaws, "CC&R", standing rules, policies"

our "CC&Rs" "If an amendment is to be effective after Developer has voluntarily turned over to the members of the assoiation the authority to the Board' and after the rights and powers of the Developer have been trasferred to the assoca"

Well, I suggest you contact an attorney to help you understand what all this means and what powers the board has in the amendment procedure. I think it's going to turn out that much of your question falls outside the scope of this forum. Sorry."

I agree with Rob Elsman. It looks to me as if, after all those prefatory clauses get done, the amendments are made by executing the written instrument and where the 66% comes in.

Who executes the instrument? The board? The membership? Whoever"

Archived