The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Unusual Election Question

Guest Gary c Tesser

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

If by "we" you mean the board (and it appears you do), then little, if anything, that the board did was proper. If it thought it could fix the rules by breaking them it though wrong.

It seems you found yourselves in a hole and . . . you"

Two people responded to say we did not follow the rules, but did not say how we broke them, why they disagree with our solution, or what they would propose in such a situation.

I had hoped for something more informative and constructive."

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

>>but did not say how we broke them<<

You already explained how you broke them.

For one thing, you held an election for seven positions when only three were open.

Mr. Tesser's advice is to hire a professional parliam"

Rule Break #1: "Our Bylaws provide for Directors to be elected to staggered two-year terms, and this year three seats were up for election. We decided to resolve potential issues by putting all 7 seats up for election." In other words you acte"

By "stop digging", I take it you mean that it's over, so don't ask? I was curious whether others would consider this a breach of the rules. Thanks for clarifying.

I'm not sure a professional parliamentarian would serve our needs going"

Our Bylaws state, "The persons receiving the largest number of votes for each of the respective positions shall be elected. Cumulative voting is not permitted." The top 3 recipients of votes were elected; the top 7 were effectively installed o"

Archived